Apple seeds are poisonous, according to About.com. The seeds contain cyanogenic acids that can make a person sick, or even die. Children and animals are more susceptible to the poison than adults.
Swallowing a few whole apple seeds is okay and nothing to worry about. Human bodies can detoxify small amounts of the cyanide compounds in apple seeds. Chewing apple seeds releases more of the poison and is a cause for concern.
Some symptoms of poisoning from apple seeds are headache, confusion and vomiting. Ingesting large amounts of apple seeds can cause heart rate and blood pressure to increase and may cause renal failure.
Visitors Who Viewed This FAQs Also Viewed
circuit transistor | transistor all | faqs for you | transistor mosfet | ic circuits | circuits transistors | faqs for you | datasheet pdf for you | circuit transistor | ic supplier | ic igbt pdf | ic pdf datasheets |